Combine the two and enjoy your meal!
Meat Meet Veggies
Simple to make, inexpensive, a meal the entire family will enjoy, this dish is delicious and full of flavor, classic Armenian dish called Urfa kebab.
Try it and let me know what you think, you can comment on this page, or find me on social media @recipes4meals
- Wash and cut the eggplants into 1 ½” to 2” thick, sprinkle salt on both sides and set aside.
- In a large bawl, combine all ingredients with the meat, mix well, setting aside 1 tbsp. of tomato paste for the sauce.
- 1 ½” to 2” thick meatballs, using ice cream scooper helps.
- preheat the oven to 375° F
- Spray your 12″ round baking pan with cooking spray.
- using paper towel, tap dry the eggplants
- arrange the meatballs and eggplants in the pan
- in two cups of water, mix the tomato paste, add garlic and salt to taste.
- pour the sauce over the meat and eggplants, (sauce must be above the food.
- cover and cook for 40 minutes, uncover and cook for another 20 minutes.
Serve with rice pilaf or on its own. Enjoy!