This creamy asparagus potato soup tastes amazing, if you like asparagus, I assure you this is a winner. Surprise your friends and family, they’ll think you’re a gourmet cook.
Asparagus Potato Soup (creamy)
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil and butter, add in chopped leek and stir, frying until tender, about 4 minutes
- In the mean time, cut off the tips from half the asparagus spears, reserving the stalks. Bring a pot of water to the boiling point and blanche the spears for 30 seconds or until they turn a bright green.
- Plunge the tips in ice cold water to stop the cooking, drain and set aside.
- Chop up the remaining asparagus into pieces.
- Add the rest of the unblenched asparagus, potatoes and carrots to the leek mixture. Cook over medium heat, until the asparagus turns bright green and stir occasionally.
- Stir in the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer, and cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes, asparagus and carrots are soft. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Use an immersion blender or transfer to a blender in batches to blend until smooth.
- Add the heavy cream and mix well. Cook until heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, top with blanched asparagus tips and serve immediately.
asparagus, asparagussoup, creamysoup, soup