Vegan Scarpaccia with a Twist
This dish was inspired by an Italian dish called “Zucchini Scarpaccia” generally served as a side dish, in order to make it a meal, I added the rest of the vegetables, and it became a staple in our house. It’s light and a delicious meal.
- In a large deep skillet, heat your 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add in the onions, mushrooms, bell peppers and zucchini, sauté until browned – about 7 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. spread 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a 9×13″ baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, corn meal, add in the water, stir until a batter forms. Throw in your vegetables and mix to combine. Transfer to your baking sheet and spread out to a thin layer. Sprinkle with a little extra corn meal, spray with a little olive oil and bake for 45-50 minutes (or until golden and crispy.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 15 minutes prior to slicing.
- You may change the type of vegetables you use, but this combinations is perfect.