Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
Easy recipe for weeknight dinner, serve with whatever toppings you prefer, or whatever you have available (that’s what I do). Making pizza in a cast iron is the best way to crisp up the dough, tender on the inside, and crunchy on the outside.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and Greek yogurt and mix until combined. If the dough is too thin, add more flour. If the dough is too thick, add more yogurt.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and knead several times.
- Grease a 12-inch cast iron skillet. Transfer the dough onto it and press down until it reaches the sides. Brush the crust with some olive oil.
- Spread pizza sauce over the top and then your favorite toppings.
- Bake the pizza for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, and let it sit for two minutes before slicing and serving.
- You can retain the crispy, crunchy pizza crust by reheating the leftovers in a skillet in the oven or on the stove, or in the air fryer heated to 350ºF.