- 1 medium broccoli florets, 3 1/2 cups of florets
- 1 15oz can or precooked Garbanzo beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (fresh or dry)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs or 2 tablespoons ground flax-seed (vegan option)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Canola oil for shallow frying
Place broccoli florets, onion, cilantro, and garlic in batches in a food processor and process until crumbly (looks like rice grains), separately place Garbanzo beans in the food processor and process.
Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in flour, eggs/flax-seed meal, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt. Mix well and squeeze together like you are forming a dough.
Heat oil on medium skillet, form into patties, place fritters in the skillet, reduce heat to low and cook fritters on each side for about 4 minutes until golden brown.
These are lightly fried and not deep fried, Cover the skillet after turning them to make sure the fritters are well cooked in the middle.