Foul (ful Medames) Fava Bean Stew
Foul is a Middle-Eastern vegan breakfast dish, cooked fava beans and chick peas, with few spices, deliciously aromatic flavors. served with olive oil, fresh mint, chopped parsley & tomatoes.
- Add the fava beans with their liquid to a large pot. Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then add to the pot of fava beans. Warm on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Crush the garlic with a half teaspoon of salt. Juice the lemon.
- Add the rest of spices and olive oil to bean mix, cook for 20 minutes, while mashing some of the beans.
- Finely chop the parsley leaves, mint and the tomato and set aside for serving.
- Serve the foul with a sprinkle of chopped parsley and tomatoes, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Green unions
- Even though it is traditionally eaten at breakfast, lots of people also have it for dinner as a filling and nutritious option.
- When you make foul mudamas this good, you won’t be saying no to having it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Fava beans are full of nutrients and offer many health benefits. They contain fiber, folate, and manganese, among many other nutrients. Fava beans may also help decrease body weight or lower cholesterol.