Dolma (Vegan with Tahini Sauce)
Not your typical meat dolma, this type of dolma is unlike any other, filled with all kinds of goodness, it truly is the perfect vegan meal.
- In a skillet, add oil and chopped onions, cook until the onions are translucent (about 5 min.), then add chopped mushrooms, tomatoes, garbanzo beans and toss well, continue to add the rest of the ingredients except for the bulgur, mix well and let it cook for 5 minutes, turn off the burner and add the bulgur mix and close the lid and let it rest.
- Meanwhile, pierce and remove the insides of the eggplants, keep them in bowl of water, until ready to fill them.
- Fill the eggplants with the stuffing and put it into a pot next to each other, fill the pot with about 2 cups of water, cover and cook for about 40 minutes on low, or until the bulgur is soft and the eggplants are cooked.
- You may choose to bake it, if so, follow the same instructions, cover with foil and bake on 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Whisk together all ingredients, add water in small portions, until the sauce has a consistency that you can pour over your eggplants.