Creamy Vegetable Soup
This creamy vegetable soup recipe is a easy to make and delicious. Let’s not forget how healthy it is as well.
Gently heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the leeks, cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add the rest of the vegetables, stir and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth salt and pepper to the pot.
- Raise the heat to high and bring the broth to a boil. When the broth is at a full boil, lower the heat to medium-low and cover the pot. cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- The vegetables should be very tender. They should fall apart when pressed with a spoon or pierced with a fork.
- Take the pot off the heat. Process the vegetable soup with an immersion blender in the pot until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender, use blender.
- You may serve the soup with croutons or garlic bread (my family prefers garlic bread)