This chowder can easily become a family favorite, easy to make comfort food, and it tastes delicious, I generally make 2 to 3 batches for my family.
- Heat oil in large pot on medium to high heat.
- Add onions, celery and green peppers, cook, stirring frequently until lightly browned.
- Add vegetable broth, salt, pepper and thyme, potatoes and corn, bring to simmer, reduce heat to medium to low, simmer for 30 minutes.
- In separate pan, melt butter, stir in flour, remove from heat and add cream, whisking until smooth, add mixture to soup, cook 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Fresh or canned corn can also be used.
chowder, vegan corn chowder, corn chowder, corn