Baked Zucchini Falafel
A delicious variation to fried falafel, not only it tastes great, but it’s good for you…
- Grate the Zucchini, add salt (1/4 tsp) and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Grind Chickpeas using very little water.
- Chop the Fresh Cilantro and Garlic
- Squeeze zucchini and remove as much moisture as possible.
- To squeezed zucchini, add the chickpea purée, garlic, and cilantro, cumin, salt and red pepper. Mix well.
- Make small balls of the mix, flatten them, place on a greased baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven (400 degrees) for 20 min, flip over and then bake for another 10 – 15 minutes.
- My family likes to eat this as regular falafel, in pita bread with tomatoes, lettuce, pickles and tahini sauce.