French Toast Muffins
This recipe for French Toast Muffins is a unique twist on the classic breakfast treat. These sweet muffins are just as awesome as French toast with a crispy outside and soft, tender inside, and best of all, so easy to make!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and spray a 12-count muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Cut your bread into 1 inch cubes and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, heavy cream, brown sugar, vanilla extract,
maple extract, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk the ingredients together until
smooth and combined
- Add the bread to the bowl and stir until all the bread is evenly coated and has soaked
up all the milk and egg mixture.
- Add an equal amount of the bread mixture to your prepared muffin tin cups.
- Mix together granulated sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon, sprinkle an even amount on top of each muffin.
- Add to the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are browned
and the muffins feel a little firm.
- Let cool for a few minutes, remove from the muffin tins, sprinkle with powdered sugar,
if desired, and serve with maple syrup.
- Store these muffins in the refrigerator, wrapped in plastic wrap or stored in airtight containers, for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, just warm the muffins for a few seconds in the microwave, or heat them in the oven at 350°F until heated through.
Muffins, breakfast, brunch, French toast