Cream of Mushroom Soup
Cream of Mushroom Soup is easy to make and full of flavor, once you make it at home, you will never buy canned soup again.
- Heat butter and oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until melted. Sauté onion for 2 to 3 minutes until softened. Cook garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute
- Add mushrooms and 2 teaspoons thyme, cook for 5 minutes. Pour in wine and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with flour, mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Add stock and potatoes, mix again and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium heat, season with salt, pepper and crumbled bouillon cubes.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 12 – 25 minutes, while occasionally stirring, until potatoes are soft and the soup is thickened.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in cream or half and half. Allow to gently simmer (do not boil). Adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
- Carefully transfer the hot mixture to a blender or food processor. Cover and hold lid down with a potholder; pulse until creamy but still with some chunks of vegetable or Using an immersion blender or working in batches with a standing blender, purée the soup until smooth.
- Mix in parsley and remaining thyme. Serve warm.