Sliced eggplants stuffed with cheese, spinach, nuts and much more, then rolled up and baked until tender with loads of ooey-gooey melted cheese on top. These Eggplant Rolls are scrumptious,
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Sprinkle eggplant slices with salt and set aside on paper towel for 20 minutes. This will help the eggplant sweat out any bitterness. Pat dry. Rinse with water, then dry again.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool.
- While eggplants are cooking, prepare cheese/spinach mixture. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, spinach, egg, all nuts, and pomegranate molasses. Mix well and season to taste.
- Spread ½ cup tomato sauce on the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Generously spread the mixture on an eggplant slice (about two heaped tablespoons), roll it and arrange in prepared dish, seam side down. Continue with remaining eggplant.
- Top with remaining tomato sauce (½ cup) and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella (1 cup).
- Cover with foil, reduce oven to 350F and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown, remove from the oven and let cool.