Artichoke Bottoms And Vegetables
- Fill a large bowl with water, squeeze half lemon in it and put the artichoke bottoms in it. This is for fresh or frozen artichoke bottoms to prevent them from getting brown. Skip this step if you are using canned artichokes. Rinse and drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Cook onions in this until translucent.
- Add in carrots and potatoes and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in peas and salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the artichoke bottoms into this pan. Stuff them with the cooked veggies in the pan. You can keep any remaining veggies in the pan.
- Pour hot water in the pan and bring it to a boil. Then reduce the heat and cook until artichokes get tender but not mushy, for about 20 min.
- Transfer onto a serving plate and let them completely cool down.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil.
- When choosing a pan to cook the artichokes in, the best ones are sauté pans that have high sides. These can hold the water without it boiling over. Alternatively, you can use a pot that is large enough to hold all of the stuffed artichoke bottoms.
- You may use mixed frozen veggies if you like, instead of individual.