Orzo with Asparagus & Mushrooms
This orzo, asparagus and mushroom pasta is light but super tasty. Made with fresh asparagus, mushrooms, feta cheese and seasoned chicken.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add Orzo and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- While the Orzo is cooking, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in chicken and season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until chicken is cooked through and browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in asparagus, mushrooms, season with salt and pepper. cook for another 5 minutes, then Cover and steam until asparagus is just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add feta cheese to the skillet, let sit for about 5 minutes, then sprinkle parsley and serve.
- You may add more spices and vegetables, according to your taste.