Fava Bean Stew
- Heat Canola oil in a stock pot, add chopped onion and sauté for a few minutes till it softens and begins to brown.
- Add the garlic and continue to sauté for 2 minutes longer
- Pour into the pot, 1 quart vegetable broth, 2 cups water, stir in the tomato and pepper paste, salt, all spice, stir well
- Add the fresh fava beans, reduce heat to a low simmer, cover the pot with a lid, and let it cook for 30 minutes
- Add the frozen fava beans, and cook for another 30 minutes, or longer until the beans are soft.
- Prepare the yogurt dressing by combining the yogurt, garlic and 2 tablespoons of the water in a small bowl, mix well, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of water, mix until smooth (If you add all the water in at once, the mixture will not blend and the yogurt will be lumpy.)
- Pour garlic yogurt on top of the stew and serve.