Chicken Burrito Casserole
Do you and your family love Mexican food? if the answer is yes, this is just the right lunch/dinner for you. Burrito Casserole recipe for an easy, low-prep meal! this casserole dish has simple ingredients, and it’s loaded with protein for satisfying and healthy meals. for those of you that can’t have Gluten, this meal is Gluten-Free.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Add onion, bell pepper, uncooked rice, fajita seasoning and cayenne (if using) to a 9×13 inch baking dish and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the broth, green chilies, tomato paste and olive oil until well combined.
- Add the broth mixture to the baking dish and stir to combine with the rice mixture.
- Add shredded chicken, black beans and corn to the baking dish. Give it an additional stir until well combined.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and then transfer to the oven to bake for 65-70 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed
- Once complete, remove the baking dish from the oven, remove the aluminum foil, and sprinkle evenly with grated cheese.
- Return the baking dish to the oven for a final 5-10 minutes until the cheese has melted and is slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, and serve with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro, green onion, salsa and avocado, if desired
- u003cliu003eIf you want a faster result, cook the rice (with broth u0026amp; tomato paste) first, while chopping the onions and bell peppers, add all the ingredients to the casserole dish and cook in the over for 15 minutes.u003c/liu003e