Mediterranean Style Taquitos
Looking for something fast, delicious and easy? or on the go and need a nutritious meal, or having a gathering and you want to serve as appetizers, this should satisfy everyone. I often prepare a batch of these and keep them unbaked in the freezer, ready to be grilled at a moment’s notice.
- Heat oil in a large pan, add sliced onions, Sauté until caramelized, about 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add shredded chicken, lemon juice, sumac, baharat, and cinnamon. mix the ingredients together, letting the chicken soak up the flavors and seasonings. Cook mixture on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the filling, 1/3 cup of chicken filling along the longest length of your tortilla in a horizontal line, starting 1/2 inch up from the bottom. Make sure your filling is spread evenly across, then bring the bottom edge of the tortilla up over the filling and wrap tightly. Place the rolled tortilla seam side down on the baking sheet. Continue this process until you have finished your chicken filling.
- Brush the wrapped rolls with olive oil for crispiness when baking. Bake in a pre-heated oven for about 10-15 minutes or until toasted to your liking. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before you cut them in half or in thirds.